This class provides important childbirth information. All expectant moms are welcome to attend this class with their family support person.
- Warning signs and progression of Labor
- Relaxation breathing and other relaxation techniques
- Comfort and pain management
- Newborn Care
- Practices of Avera St. Mary’s Women’s Center
Also included in class:
- Oahe Childhood Development Center, Physical Therapy/ Rehabilitation Services at Avera St. Mary’s
- Presentation by Avera St. Mary’s Anesthesiologist and Director of Women’s Center
- Prenatal Yoga and presentation by a Pediatric Dentist
Classes are held for four weeks from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Avera St. Mary’s Hospital. The cost is $40.00, scholarships are available.
Growing Up Together is funded by state and local grants; the Capital Area United Way, fees for services, donations and fundraising events.