This class provides important childbirth information. All expectant moms are welcome to attend this class with their family support person.
- Warning signs and progression of Labor
- Relaxation breathing and other relaxation techniques
- Comfort and pain management
- Newborn Care
- Practices of Avera St. Mary’s Women’s Center
Also included in class:
- Presentation by Avera St. Mary’s Anesthesiologist, when available, and Nurses with the Women’s Center
- Presentation by a Pediatric Dentist, when available.
Class is held on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, with a lunch break from 12:00-1:00 at Avera St. Mary’s Hospital. The cost is $40.00, scholarships are available.
Growing Up Together is funded by state and local grants; the Capital Area United Way, fees for services, donations and fundraising events.